Secure Product Lifecycle 101
What you'll learn
- The basics of software security and the tools and techniques that secure the development lifecycle
- The OWASP Top Ten and some high-level mitigations for each of the ten
- How software development risks are calculated and the different methods for treating those risks
- Explanations of the tools used to add security into product development and things to consider during implementation
- Definitions, explanations, and high-level overviews of principles highlighted in OWASP SAMM
- Basic IT awareness
This course is a comprehensive introduction to the foundations of secure development that's aimed at anyone with an interest in application security and securing the SDLC. Secure Product Lifecycle 101 provides a broad knowledge of security best-practice as it relates to development work - which will lead to an understanding of how to create more secure, reliable, and robust products end-to-end. This course covers the OWASP Top 10, secure design principles, security techniques, risk management, and a range of security tools: leading to familiarity and understanding of how security can be embedded into the development lifecycle.
Who this course is for:
- Individuals who want to understand the Secure Product Lifecycle, and software security, and who want to be able to verify their awareness of core security fundamentals
- N.B. This is a fundamentals course designed to cover the basics of software development security. This course provides the fundamentals to empower further in-depth learning on security in the development lifecycle
Implementing Security LLC is an expert cybersecurity training and awareness organization specializing in application security, risk management, software development, and data privacy. Our expertise in information security is underpinned by a multi-disciplinary understanding of individual and business needs and pressures. We provide tailored and modern courses based on industry best-practice and user demand.